Drupal 7 Commerce Sprint
I'm excited to announce the arrival of a new phase of contribution for Drupal Commerce for Drupal 7. While there is a large group of developers focused on updating and readying Drupal Commerce for Drupal 8, there is still a need for many of us (me included!) to enhance and improve the current, stable version of Commerce. To that end, I'm helping to establish a regular update and refresh that is sponsored through my work at Commerce Guys.
The goal of the Commerce 7.x Sprint is to provide a common community push to sprint on the Drupal Commerce ecosystem at large. This will be handled using coordinated office hours in the Drupal-Commerce IRC channel and a new issue tag, commerce-sprint.
- Office hours: Weekly on Wednesday at 4PM GMT-5. This will be used as a weekly scrum to get status updates and provide mentorship
- Additional hangout: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/commerceguys.com/d7-commerce
- Sprint board: There is a kanban board for the initiative's tag https://contribkanban.com/sprint/commerce-sprint
- Commerce section on ContribKanban.com https://contribkanban.com/browse/commerce
- Overview of contributed projects: http://contrib.www.idboards.com/
The goal will be to ensure Commerce related modules have regular releases and bugfixes. The initial priority will be pointed at stable releases of Commerce Discount, Commerce Feeds, and Commerce Migrate.
Are you ready to help contribute?
Here's how you can help:
- Writing documentation for the many modules in the Commerce eco-system.
- Testing patches tagged for the global sprint so that they can be committed.
- Writing patches for issues tagged in the global sprint
- Opening issues request for project releases that require them, and reaching out to the maintainers
- Writing tests! The better test coverage in contributed modules the better the system is as a whole
- Answer questions on Drupal Answers!